They were so close.
That’s what made it unbearable.
![]() |
| Created by AI |
“Just a little more,” Hira whispered to herself.
As if love was something that could be fixed with just a little more effort.
Danish smiled at her across the table.
“You worry too much.”
Maybe she did.
Or maybe
She was the only one who saw the cracks forming.
They weren’t broken.
Not completely.
They still laughed.
Still made plans.
Still said “I love you.”
But somewhere in between
Something was slipping.
“You’ve been distant,” Hira said one night.
Danish looked confused.
“I’m right here.”
That answer sounded familiar.
Too familiar.
Because being physically present…
Is not the same as being emotionally there.
“I miss how we used to be,” she admitted.
Danish sighed.
“Why are you trying to ruin something that’s already good?”
That sentence stayed with her.
Because good was never what she wanted.
She wanted real.
Days passed.
And Hira kept trying.
More conversations.
More honesty.
More effort.
Because she believed in them.
Believed they could make it.
And maybe that was her mistake.
Believing almost was enough.
One evening, sitting under the quiet glow of streetlights
She finally asked the question she had been avoiding.
“Do you still see a future with me?”
Danish didn’t answer immediately.
And sometimes
Silence is an answer.
“I don’t know,” he said softly.
Her heart didn’t break in that moment.
Because deep down
It already knew.
They were close.
So close.
But not enough.
“I tried,” she whispered, more to herself than to him.
Danish nodded.
“I know.”
And that made it worse.
Because there was no villain.
No betrayal.
No big mistake.
Just two people
Who almost made it.
Who almost became something forever.
Who almost chose each other completely.
But almost doesn’t build a future.
It just leaves you with memories
And questions that don’t have answers.
Hira walked away slowly.
Not because she stopped loving him.
But because she finally understood something painful:
Love needs certainty.
Not hesitation.
And no matter how close they were
They never fully arrived.
Final Line
“We were so close to forever…
and that’s exactly why it hurt so much to let go.”


0 Comments