“It’s better this way.”
Those were the words they both agreed on.
![]() |
| Created by AI |
No shouting.
No blaming.
No broken promises.
Just two people sitting across from each other
Choosing to let go.
“I don’t hate you,” Zoya said softly.
“I know,” Ibrahim replied.
“And I don’t regret us either.”
That made it harder.
Because endings are easier to accept
When something goes wrong.
But what do you do…
When nothing is wrong
And it still ends?
They had talked about everything.
Their differences.
Their priorities.
Their future.
Or rather
The future they realized they didn’t share.
“I want something different,” Zoya admitted.
Ibrahim nodded slowly.
“Yeah… me too.”
Same love.
Different paths.
They called it closure.
A clean ending.
A mature decision.
No questions left unanswered.
And yet
Zoya couldn’t sleep that night.
Her heart didn’t understand what her mind had accepted.
Because closure doesn’t erase feelings.
It just explains why they have to end.
Days passed.
Life moved forward
Like it always does.
But the silence between them felt louder than any argument.
No late-night texts.
No random calls.
No “I saw something that reminded me of you.”
Just… absence.
“I thought closure would make it easier,” Zoya whispered to herself.
But it didn’t.
Because pain doesn’t come from confusion alone.
Sometimes
It comes from clarity.
From knowing exactly why it ended
And still wishing it didn’t.
Ibrahim felt it too.
He didn’t reach out.
Not because he didn’t care
But because he respected what they decided.
And sometimes
Respect hurts more than chaos.
They did everything right.
They communicated.
They understood.
They let go without breaking each other.
And yet
It still hurt like something was unfinished.
Because love doesn’t end just because you understand it should.
One evening, Zoya walked past a place they used to go.
She paused.
Smiled faintly.
Not because she was over it
But because she accepted it.
That’s the strange thing about closure.
It gives you answers
But it doesn’t take away the feeling.
And maybe…
It was never supposed to.
Final Line
“We had closure…
but understanding why it ended didn’t make it hurt any less.”


0 Comments