I Was Ready for Forever… You Were Just Passing Time

“I can see a future with you.”

Those were the words that stayed with her.

The words she built everything on.

Created by AI

Maya believed in forever.

Not the fairytale kind

But the real one.

The one that takes effort, patience, and choosing each other every day.


“I don’t want something temporary,” she had said once, half-smiling.

Arman looked at her and replied casually,

“Yeah… me neither.”


That was enough for her.

Maybe it shouldn’t have been.


Because while she was planning a future—

He was just enjoying the present.


At first, it felt perfect.

Late-night talks.
Unexpected calls.
That soft comfort of knowing someone was there.


Maya gave her time.

Her energy.

Her heart.


And Arman?

He gave just enough to keep her there.


“You think too far ahead,” he laughed one evening.

Maya smiled.

“And you don’t think far enough.”


They both laughed.

But only one of them meant it.


Days turned into months.

And slowly

The difference in their intentions began to show.


“I miss you,” she texted.

“Same,” he replied.


Simple.

Short.

Safe.


But love isn’t built on safe.

It’s built on depth.


“Where do you see us going?” Maya asked one night.


Arman paused.

“Why does everything need a direction?” he said lightly.


Her heart sank

Just a little.


Because for her

Love was direction.


She ignored the signs.

Not because she didn’t see them

But because she hoped they would change.


Hope can be dangerous like that.


“I feel like I’m more serious about this than you,” she admitted one evening.


Arman sighed.

“I never said I was ready for all that.”


Silence.


That moment replayed in her mind again and again.


Because he was right.


He never promised forever.


She just heard what she wanted to hear.


That realization didn’t feel like anger.

It felt like betrayal

But a quiet one.


Not because he lied.

But because he stayed

Without meaning to stay forever.


“I thought we were building something,” she whispered.


Arman looked at her.

“We were… just not what you think.”


And just like that

Everything became clear.


She was planning a life.

He was passing time.


Same moments.

Same memories.


But completely different meanings.


Maya smiled faintly.

Not because she was okay

But because she finally understood.


“I was ready for forever,” she said softly.


Arman didn’t respond.


Because there was nothing he could say

That would match what she had already given.


She walked away quietly.


Not because she stopped loving him.


But because she realized something important:


Love only works

When both people are going to the same place.


Final Line

“I was building a future with you…
while you were just passing time in mine.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments