It didn’t fall apart all at once.
That would’ve been easier to understand.
![]() |
| Created by AI |
“I miss you.”
Lina stared at the message she had just sent.
Three dots appeared.
Then disappeared.
Then appeared again.
“Yeah… me too.”
She smiled faintly.
Not because it felt real
But because it used to.
There was a time when missing each other meant something.
Now it just sounded… polite.
“Can we talk tonight?” she asked.
A pause.
“I’m kinda tired. Maybe tomorrow?”
Tomorrow.
The word that kept their relationship alive
And slowly killed it at the same time.
Lina wasn’t asking for much.
Not perfection.
Not grand gestures.
Just effort.
But effort had become one-sided.
She was the one:
- Sending long messages
- Asking how his day went
- Trying to fix things before they broke
And Ray?
He was still there.
Just… not fully.
“You’ve changed,” Lina said one night.
Ray sighed softly. “People change.”
She nodded slowly.
“Yeah… but effort shouldn’t.”
Silence.
That silence said more than any argument could.
Love wasn’t gone.
That’s what made it harder.
It was still there
Just uneven.
“I feel like I’m the only one trying,” Lina admitted.
Ray didn’t deny it.
Didn’t argue.
Didn’t fix it.
“I don’t know what you want me to say,” he replied.
That’s when it hit her.
He wasn’t fighting anymore.
And you can’t save a relationship alone.
Days passed.
Lina kept trying.
Calling.
Texting.
Holding onto something that was slowly slipping away.
Until one night
She stopped.
No message.
No call.
Just silence.
And for the first time
Ray didn’t notice.
That hurt the most.
Because it confirmed everything she was afraid of.
She wasn’t losing him.
He had already let go.
“I was fighting for us…” she whispered to herself.
Tears fell quietly.
“But you were already leaving.”
The next day, Ray texted.
“Hey, sorry. Been busy.”
Lina read it.
And for the first time
She didn’t feel the urge to reply immediately.
Not because she stopped caring.
But because she was tired.
Tired of trying alone.
Tired of holding something that needed two hands.
She typed slowly:
“I hope you find what you’re looking for.”
He replied:
“You too.”
And just like that
It ended.
No fight.
No closure.
Just one person who kept fighting…
And one who quietly let go.
Final Line
“I was fighting for us…
but love isn’t a battle you can win alone.”


0 Comments