Perfection was never the goal.
At least not for her.
“I’m sorry, I’m not enough.”
![]() |
| Created by AI |
Hassan said it quietly, eyes avoiding hers.
Aina frowned, confused.
“Enough for what?”
He hesitated.
“For you.”
Aina let out a small breath, almost like a tired smile.
“I never asked you to be perfect.”
That was the problem.
He thought love needed perfection.
She only needed presence.
They weren’t a perfect couple.
They argued over small things.
Got annoyed over late replies.
Sometimes misunderstood each other.
But there was something real between them.
Something simple.
Something… honest.
“I’ll try to be better,” Hassan said one day.
Aina looked at him carefully.
“I don’t need better,” she replied softly.
“I just need you.”
At first, it felt like enough.
Late-night calls.
Random laughs.
Comfort in silence.
Love didn’t feel heavy.
It felt easy.
But slowly
Things began to change.
“I’m busy today.”
“I’ll call later.”
“Let’s talk tomorrow.”
Tomorrow.
The word that started replacing now.
Aina didn’t complain.
Not at first.
Because she understood.
Or at least
She tried to.
But understanding someone doesn’t mean you don’t feel the distance.
One evening, she stared at their chat.
Typing.
Deleting.
Typing again.
“Are you okay?” she finally sent.
“I’m fine. Just tired.”
That answer came too easily.
Too quickly.
Like it had been used before.
Aina put her phone down.
Something felt different.
Not wrong.
Just… less.
The truth was simple.
He didn’t stop loving her.
He just stopped showing up the same way.
And sometimes
That hurts more.
“I feel like I’m losing you,” she said one night.
Hassan sighed softly.
“You’re overthinking.”
Maybe she was.
Or maybe
She was the only one noticing what was fading.
Days passed.
Conversations shortened.
Effort faded.
Love didn’t disappear.
It just became quieter.
Until one night
Aina finally said it.
“I don’t need perfect.”
Hassan looked at her.
Confused.
“I never needed you to fix everything,” she continued.
“I never needed you to be the best.”
Her voice softened.
“I just needed you to stay.”
Silence filled the space between them.
Because deep down
They both knew the truth.
Staying takes effort.
And effort is something that had slowly disappeared.
“I don’t know if I can be that person anymore,” Hassan admitted.
Aina nodded.
Not because she understood
But because she had already felt it.
And that’s the hardest part.
Realizing someone is leaving
Before they actually go.
She smiled faintly.
“You don’t have to be perfect,” she whispered.
Then added
“But you do have to choose me.”
This time
He didn’t reply.
And that silence said everything.
Aina walked away without anger.
Without tears.
Just… acceptance.
Because love shouldn’t feel like waiting for someone to stay.
Final Line
“I didn’t need perfect…
I just needed someone who wouldn’t leave when things got real.”


0 Comments