My name is Ethan, and last summer my family and I spent four amazing days in St. Joseph. At first, I thought it would be just another family vacation. I couldn't have been more wrong.
The trip started early on a Thursday morning. After a long drive, we finally arrived in St. Joseph. The first thing I noticed was the fresh air coming from Lake Michigan. It felt completely different from the busy city life we were used to.
We checked into our hotel and spent the rest of the afternoon exploring downtown. The streets were filled with charming shops, ice cream stores, and friendly people. That evening, we walked along the waterfront and watched the sunset. The sky turned bright orange and pink, and I remember thinking that this was already one of the most beautiful places I had ever seen.
The next morning, we visited the famous Silver Beach Carousel. Even though I was a little older than most of the kids riding it, I couldn't resist joining in. The carousel music, colorful lights, and beautifully painted animals made it feel like stepping into a storybook.
After the carousel, we headed to Silver Beach. My younger sister spent hours building giant sandcastles while my dad and I played in the water. We even started a friendly competition to see who could build the tallest sand tower. My sister won, and she still reminds me about it today.
On our third day, we decided to visit the iconic St. Joseph North Pier Lighthouse. The walk to the lighthouse was incredible. Waves crashed against the pier, and the lake seemed endless. Standing beside the lighthouse, I imagined what it would have been like to be a sailor arriving here hundreds of years ago.
That afternoon brought an unexpected adventure. While walking near the shore, my brother spotted something shiny in the sand. We dug around it for several minutes, convinced we had discovered buried treasure. It turned out to be an old metal bottle cap! We laughed so hard that people nearby started laughing too.
Our final day was spent at Tiscornia Park. We had a picnic, played games, and took dozens of family photos. Nobody wanted the trip to end. We had become so relaxed and happy that leaving felt surprisingly difficult.
When it was finally time to go home, I looked out the car window as the town disappeared behind us. Four days had passed so quickly. What I thought would be an ordinary family vacation had become one of the best experiences of my life.
Even now, whenever someone asks me about my favorite trip, I tell them about St. Joseph—the place where my family laughed together, explored together, and created memories that we'll never forget. And if we ever get the chance, we'll definitely be back for another adventure.


0 Comments