You Loved Me Through the Parts I Hid From Everyone Else

Some people grow up with love.

Rayaan grew up learning how to survive.

Created by AI

The walls in his childhood home were never quiet.

Doors slammed.
Voices shattered the silence.
And apologies never came.


As a child, he learned something dangerous very early:


Feelings only make things worse.


So he stopped crying.

Stopped talking.

Stopped asking for comfort.


By the age of seventeen, Rayaan had mastered the art of pretending.

Pretending he was okay.
Pretending he wasn’t tired.
Pretending his chest didn’t tighten every night for no reason.


People called him “calm.”

They didn’t know calmness can sometimes be sadness with nowhere to go.


At university, he stayed distant from everyone.

Always polite.

Always quiet.

Never close enough for anyone to notice how broken he really felt.


Until her.


Maira.


She wasn’t loud or dramatic.

She just… noticed things.


“You look exhausted,” she said one afternoon.

Rayaan forced a small smile.

“I’m fine.”


Maira tilted her head slightly.

“No,” she replied gently.

“You’re just used to saying that.”


That sentence stayed in his mind for days.


Because nobody had ever looked past his fake smile before.


Slowly, she became part of his life.

Not all at once.

Quietly.


Late-night conversations.
Coffee after class.
Small moments that somehow felt safe.


For the first time in years—

Rayaan didn’t feel alone all the time.


But trauma doesn’t disappear because someone is kind to you.


Some nights, anxiety still clawed at his chest.

His breathing became uneven.

His hands trembled.

And every dark memory returned at once.


One night, Maira found him sitting outside his apartment building at 2 AM.

Head down.

Shaking silently.


“Rayaan?”


He quickly wiped his face.

“I’m okay.”


Maira sat beside him without saying anything.


And somehow—

That hurt more.


Because he wasn’t used to gentleness.


“I don’t know what’s wrong with me,” he whispered eventually.

His voice cracked.

“I ruin everything. I overthink everything. I get scared for no reason.”


Maira listened quietly.

Not judging.

Not interrupting.


Then she said softly:

“You survived things your heart was never meant to carry alone.”


Rayaan looked at her, eyes heavy with exhaustion.


“What if I’m too damaged to love?” he asked.


Maira smiled sadly.

“You are not hard to love just because life was hard on you.”


That moment broke something inside him.

Not in a painful way—

In a healing one.


Because nobody had ever spoken to him with that much understanding before.


Days turned into months.

And slowly—

Maira became his safe place.


When he had panic attacks, she stayed on the phone until he could breathe normally again.

When he pushed people away, she patiently reminded him he wasn’t a burden.

When he hated himself—

She loved him enough for both of them.


Not perfectly.

But genuinely.


“You don’t have to hide the broken parts from me,” she whispered one rainy evening.

“I’ll stay.”


And she did.


Not because she wanted to fix him.

But because she understood healing is easier when someone holds your hand through it.


For the first time in his life—

Rayaan stopped feeling like a problem someone had to tolerate.


He felt loved.

Completely.

Even with the scars.


And maybe that’s what real love is.


Not finding someone flawless.


But finding someone who sees your darkness—

And chooses to stay anyway.


Final Line

“You loved me through the parts I hid from everyone else…

and somehow, your love taught me I deserved to heal too.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments